Thursday, December 22, 2005

Star finger

Yesterday night I built two stand for my studio monitors, also known as speakers. Except these speakers are used in recording situations to reproduce sound in an incredibly accurate way for proper mixing. But that's beside the point...

As I was building the stands (with the help of my beautiful wife) the cordless drill I was using to drive the screws into the wood slipped my normally steady grasp. The drill bit, in the shape of a Phillps head screwdriver, make a jagged, star-shape puncture wound in my left index finger. For a quick second I thought, "Who is this Phillip guy anyway, and how did he get the honor of having a screwdriver named after him? "The new fleshy decoration on my finger is a little disconcerting, but instantly captures my attention each time I glance at my hand (which I do way more often than you might expect.)

After pulling the cold, grey metal bit from my finger, blood began to flow forth, as you might expect. My wife, bless her heart, was troubled and began to head upstairs to get something to clean and dress the wound. I, damn my heart, was filled with Rossian rage and told her not to bother. Quite sternly. Despite her entreaties to tend to the cut, I stubbornly proceeded to bleed all over the wood as I finished the stand's construction. I see two positives in this -- one, it was only cheap pressboard onto which I left my sanguine mark and two, now I don't have to paint the stands. Well, one of them.

2 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Blogger Derek said...

Rossian anger affects all his seed, and has ever since Ross first exploded in fiery rage, unleashing it upon our planet, lo these many years ago.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Boyd said...

I'm just glad the lab is up, and soon will be running, Yannick and Matt be damned if they don't get thier act together.

Other than that, I have no response.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home