Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Didn't quite do it for you?


Okay, so that last post was me being a bit too literal.

Like father, like son, I guess. The other day (Father's Day, no less) I made the gross error of asking my Dad, "What's up?"

I was then regaled with an exhaustive list of things that are indeed "up," including "the sky, the roof, birds, the sun, airplanes ..."

After the master-of-punnery (oh yes, he's good at puns, too) listed about eight more things I said, "Okay Dad, I get it. That's some real funny stuff you got there."

Unabated, he continuted, "Or, if you have issues with the concept of up, how about things that are 'away from' other things?" Of course, he then proceeded to list a few things that are away from other things. "The amosphere from the ground, stars from the Earth, the celing from the floor..."

It was at that point that I decided to "be away" from Captain Literal.

I promise you, dear reader, that I will never be so painfully obvious again.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger CL said...

Don't act like you don't like his literal responses ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home