Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My offspring looks nothing like me

I suppose it's not that unusual for a father to hope that his son looks something like him. Alas, I hope in vain.

My three-month old is a handsome devil, don't get me wrong. (And I'm not just saying that. Look at these photos, and tell me he's not a fine specimen.)

I have occasionally commented to his mother that he is the baby of a thousand faces. This is because no two photographs we take of him look quite the same. The problem is that not a single one of his many faces looks like me.

Because of this, I have to take solace in similarity with other body parts. He has two wonderful ears and a pair of fantastic legs, which his mother calls "Romanesque" (read: fat) that are both shrunken versions of mine.

I do, however, take full credit for his "cute" and "rascal" genes.

4 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger CL said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger CL said...

Oh love, he does too look like you. AND, you cannot deny that he looks exactly like you did when you were a baby - at least, that is what I can tell from the ONE baby picture you have.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger CL said...

OH, and P.S. ..."Romanesque" should not imply fat. My boys aren't fat … their legs are in fact chiseled … muscular … you know, just like the statues you see depicting Roman gods.

Fat=Bad.
Romanesque=Good. Very Good.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger CL said...

P.P.S.: Thanks for finally updating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home