Saturday, June 24, 2006

Wish you were here

The other night my wife had a dream in which I was Superman and, at the request of the supreme Greek god Zeus, flew her to the country of Exxador. (Actually, I may have been charged by his Zeusship with saving the country -- at this moment I can't remember anything else about her dream except the words "Superman," "Zeus" and "Exxador".) Yes, that's cool I was Superman, but the real point here is that her sleep-self created an entirely new land with an entirely bitchin' name.

Since then, I have asked myself many questions like, "What do the citizens of Exxador look like?" and "What is their principle exxport?" "Do Exxadorians speak English?" and "Do they use the metric system?"

I have to admit that this newly discovered country fascinates me. And don't get me started on the people! Warm, friendly, hospitible. I can't get enough of their cuture, language and history -- I really want to know it all.

Someday Cara and I will go on a magical trip to this special place and see its many sites. When we do, I will be sure to send you a postcard.

1 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger CL said...

Okay, let me clarify. The Zeus statue was huge and it came to life and told you that you had to go and find the golden wristbands. Except they weren't wristbands. They were the same things that Wonder Woman wears on her wrist to deflect bullets. What do you call those?? Anyway, the fact that Zeus had asked you to get these was HUGE. It meant the world was coming to an end or something. So we went to Ecuador, which in my dream was a city ... and we couldn't find them ... we kept looking for them in lockers on an OCesque campus. Then somehow, probably because you were Superman, you realized we were supposed to be in the city of Exxador. This meant we had to go tracking in the middle of nowhere. It was hot out and there were bugs. I was not happy. The rest of it is kind of fuzzy, but the point of the dream is very clear - I should have never watched you play God of War AND ... you are way too excited about the upcoming new Superman Movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home