Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sick as a dog in June

Speaking of being sick, at home and in bed, I am, too!

The flu, which has been particularly bad this year in Utah and California (I guess she decided to skip Nevada), has finally caught up with me ... for a second time. I'm just lucky like that. I chalk it up to the fact I am the firstborn male in my family. This position of privilige entitles me, under the ancient patriarchal order, to a double portion. And when it comes to infectious diseases that lay you flat on your back for at least 24 hours, I say count me in ... twice!

Yes, I've already used ellipses ( ... ) two times in this post. You'll soon find that I really like them. I mean, nothing says "pause pause pause" quite like ellipses do.

But back to the flu. I think I got it from my wife, who got it from me two weeks ago. It's like a never ending cycle of pestilence.

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Boyd said...

I hate to be a jack-ass, but you can't catch the same flu twice. Your body will have built up antibodies to the previous flu. Nope, that my friend is a brand new flu.

By the way, have you realised you are rising to Ross-like proportions in your hypochondria?

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Boyd said...

And by the way:

http://www.hhmi.org/cgi-bin/askascientist/highlight.pl?kw=&file=answers%2Fimmunology%2Fans_021.html

That's for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home