Monday, February 06, 2006

Sellout

Some of you have asked about my ads, which appear at the top of the page above all the posts. Pretty, no?

It's true -- I sold out to the man. Maybe you've heard of him. His name is Google.

So the way it works: I write about something, say tasty all-beef hot dogs or heavy metal icon Zakk Wylde, and WHAMMO, Google serves you up an ad for a real sabrett casing style hot dog (you know, the dog that SNAPS when you bite into it) and a heavy-duty, signed Zakk Wylde wah-wah pedal to accommodate all of your wah-wah needs.

If you click, I get a very small percentage of the ad revenue. How I get it is a bit of a mystery to me. I have yet to get it. In fact, I'm beginning to think I may never get it ...

Perhaps the key to me getting paid is a lot of people clicking on the ads. In that case, Mr. Google, don't bother posting an ad for the ever-appealing Socrates may I recommend an ad for a sure-fire, compulsory click-o-rama? Here you go.

1 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger Derek said...

That's it, I'm gonna click each link everytime I visit your blog. Pack up your bags, G, you and the Mrs. are moving to the East Side!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home